Nursery Admission - (3-4 year olds)
We have a nursery where we offer both 15 hours and 30 hours places. Application for Nursery places are managed by the London Borough of Tower Hamlets Admission Team.
Starting School in Tower Hamlets – for 5-year-olds (Reception)
Parents and Guardians should make their application for a Reception school place in the year their child turns four.
The stages of application are:
- Tower Hamlets sends out a booklet to the homes of all children in the Local Authority who are going to be 5 during the next academic year.
- Parents or Carers complete an online application form. It is essential that you name at least two other choices for schools in order to ensure you secure a place at one of your preferred schools.
- The Local Authority sends out a list to each school which gives details of the places applied for and pupils who have allocated places in the school. Written confirmation is then sent to your home address.
- We will then contact you directly to invite you to a meeting at the school.
- If your child does not get your first choice of school, you have the right to appeal.
The above is a brief summary of the booklet Starting School in Tower Hamlets: a guide for parents which will detail everything you need to know. This is available from the Tower Hamlets website in the Primary School Admissions section.